Thursday 12 July 2007

Oh God I hate the Lib Dems! 4p tax cut my arse!

Sir Menzies Campbell
So the Lib Dems master stroke is to propose a 4p cut in income tax, what a complete and utter load of bollocks. It would be fantastic if what you got was what it said on the tin, but you don't. They plan to pay for this tax cut by - yes you guessed it: taxing us in other ways! Do they think that the public are stupid enough not to realise that they will being given a tax cut with one hand, while the other takes it away? Not only that, but it will cost the country extra to implement these new taxes, what a bunch of incompetent cretins. They also plan to raise money to cover the cut by taxing the well-off even more. I'm in no way well-off, in fact I'm positively working class and I cannot see why the rich should subsidise the rest of us. They should pay their fair share but that is all they should pay. Thousands of people are leaving this country every day and this kind of stupidity is only going to increase that flood.

Sir Menzies said: "Our new proposals will put fairness at the heart of the tax system. Tax cuts for the majority will be paid for by the wealthy minority." What exactly is fair about asking the rich to part with there hard earned money? If I ever make it rich (not likely) I would be more than a little pissed off at having to give most of it to the government to keep the voters on their side. I can see the airports becoming very busy if these idiots ever get in power. What I want to see is value for the taxes I'm paying now, not a false increase in my take home pay, only to see it disappear on other (Green) taxes shortly after.

Being a conservative member I hope Ming stays as leader of the Lib Dems, that way we will only have Labour to beat in the next election. "Green" taxes on cars and flights my arse!

Please click here to subscribe to my feed

No comments: