Monday 9 June 2008

Uk Troops to be out of Iraq by end of year - ish.

The BBC reports:


The final withdrawal of British troops from Iraq could be announced by the end of the year.
So what are they saying? Well, they are not saying it will be announced, only that it could. And even then they are saying that the announcement could be made by the end of the year - NOT that troops could be withdrawn by the end of the year. The government could announce that troops will be withdrawn in five years time - by the end of the year. I've got to ask - are the government paying the BBC to come out with this crap to try and save Gordon Brown's neck?

Also in the news:

Moon monkeys could fly out of my arse by the end of the year.

My pear tree could produce solid gold pears by the end of the year.

Gordon Brown could make a decision by the end of the year.

Guido Fawkes could link to me by the end of the year.

Nick Clegg could explain his position on the Lisbon Treaty by the end of the year.

UPDATE: Guido has linked to me - I guess the BBC could be right after all. Cheers Guido!

No comments: