Monday 11 February 2008

Chris Grayling on the Jeremy Kyle show culture. (Rant).

Let me start by saying: God I hate that bloody program. If I had my way, it, and all programs like it would be immediately axed and all video of past episodes destroyed. The program professes to help people with their problems. The truth is that it's nothing but a bloody freak show. I can't watch it for more than five minutes without wanting to go vigilante with a twelve bore (after putting my boot through my TV). If half of the guests were to walk off stage and fall into a pit of crocodiles, the gene pool would be a hell of a lot cleaner.

The producers and good old Jeremy must know what they are doing. The more disgusting and ignorant the guest the more half brained scum watching it are likely to enjoy the show. It's nothing but a sodding blood sport. This is all going out on daytime TV, when young mums are sat on the arses watching it with their young children. The show is bleeped but it's more than obvious what these lovely role models are screaming at each other. Is this really how we want our children to behave? Is this really the example we should be setting? They bleep out the swearing, and most of the time it's like listening to bleedin' Morse code. If I had my way the watershed would be moved to 10pm and any show that requires bleeping would not be shown before that time.

Chris Grayling was right when he called for more positive male role models to combat the "Jeremy Kyle generation" of young men ill-equipped for adult life. We are breeding a generation of ignorant scumbags who are nothing but a blight on society and a waste of good oxygen.

Update: Before anyone accuses me of being a bleeding heart liberal of a delicate disposition - I was an engineer in the Navy for 16 years and I can swear with the best of them. However there is a time and a place for it. I just want to put a stop to the nation's scum being paraded across our screens. Children learn by example, and this kind of crap should not be on at a time when they can view it.

9 comments:

William Gruff said...

Such are the benefits of deregulated broadcasting in a free market economy.

Who was it said that 'no one ever went broke underestimating public taste'?

Deregulating broadcasting was one of the worst of several undesirable things that Margaret Thatcher did.

kate said...

Let me start by saying: God I hate that bloody program. If I had my way, it, and all programs like it would be immediately axed and all video of past episodes destroyed. The program professes to help people with their problems. The truth is that it's nothing but a bloody freak show. I can't watch it for more than five minutes without wanting to go vigilante with a twelve bore (after putting my boot through my TV). If half of the guests were to walk off stage and fall into a pit of crocodiles, the gene pool would be a hell of a lot cleaner.

I couldnt have put it better myself. I live above a off-lisence and have to put up with the kind of jeremy kyle rejects hanging about downstairs and as my kids have autism they copy what they hear. so true children learn by example.

Anonymous said...

William, I don't accept this has anything to do with Margret Thatcher, but you are welcome to your opinions! Wasn't it Maggies deregulation that gave us the History Channel, Discover Channel etc in the UK?

I loathe these 'participation' shows, purile voyuerism pandering to the very worst in people. As you say Steve, if they require such an extensive use of bleeps, why are they on during the day?

I served 18 years in the Arny and am no prude, but there is a time and a place for everything and when they are putting this nonsense out.

Garbo said...

Chris Grayling should have called for more positive male role models to simply combat Jeremy Kyle. Preferably very large ones with violent tendencies.

I am sure that somewhere along the line this absolute turd of a man is the cause of all the world's problems.

Daily Referendum said...

Kate, I'm hoping that there's going to be a backlash from the silent majority, and things will improve over the next five to ten years.

Daily Referendum said...

Garbo,

I don't think I could grow tired of slapping him.

Daily Referendum said...

Mr Gruff,

It's true, no matter how crap something is, some idiot will watch it.

Anonymous said...

What you are saying is ridiculus because the watershed is there so that programs that contain bad language can be shown, therefore playing censored programs after the watershed would nullify the watershed... Also you are immensely ignorant because a much larger part of the population are the sort of people you get on that tordry show and im sure you are not suggesting that the majority of the population be directed towards a pit of crocadiles!.. Ass

Anonymous said...

hmmm i gotta say i disagree mainly cause iv lived a bad life in care mum and dad doing drugs and drinking alot and me and some of my brothers and sisters turned out ok i guess its wrong to show people other family problems but i can also agree jeremy does help the people on his show and thats better than most like jerry springer or trisher thay just want violence but jeremy he does help so i gota say it is a good idea and he does really try his best at helping like i seen an episode were 3 people got job trials and 1 got part time 1 got full time and 1 decided it was too long hours he was a cheif and to me there arnt many people who would do that and those people got a chance in life i do have to say it has its bad points but it also has some very good points