Wednesday 23 April 2008

Stuart King, Labour PPC: No merit or honour being a Labour MP.

Labour Party parliamentary candidate for Putney, Roehampton and Southfields, Stuart King, describes his unease with Gordon Brown's abolition of the 10p tax rate:

I understand the difficulty normally loyal backbench Labour MPs are now in: I am not standing to be your Labour MP to go to Westminster and then habitually vote against a Labour Government. So in no way do I underestimate the dilemma loyal Labour backbenchers face - and the distaste voting down our own government leaves them with - it's the same for me. But the government is wrong on this and if it refuses to back down or rectify its mistake - as they have said they will not, I can see no purpose, merit or honour in being a Labour MP if that role is to make life harder for the least affluent, the pensioners and the part-time workers of Putney.
You can read Stuart's full post over on his Blog by clicking HERE.

No comments: