Sunday 11 May 2008

Douglas Alexander fails to back Gordon Brown.

Douglas Alexander
Is it just me, or did Douglas Alexander fail to back Gordon Brown on the Andrew Marr show this morning? Andrew asked him if it was all over for Gordon if Labour were to lose the Crewe and Nantwich by-election. The first words out of Douglas's mouth should have been "No absolutely not". However he didn't say anything of the sort and failed to give Brown his backing. I think Andrew Marr may regret not asking the question twice when he realises what happened.

I'll post a link to the show when it is available.

OK here it is (55min 45secs into the show).

2 comments:

Tony said...

"I think Andrew Marr may regret not asking the question twice when he realises what happened."

On the contrary Steve, Marr did his duty as a dedicated follower of Gordon. You can almost feel the gratitude oozing out of No.10.

What Wee Dougie has proved is that blood is thicker than Labour water and he is backing Wee Wendy over Gormless Gollom.

Daily Referendum said...

I think you could be right Tony. I was giving Marr the benefit of the doubt.