Wednesday 3 October 2007

Conservative Conference - David Cameron's Speech

Today is the day. David Cameron will give the most important speech by a Conservative leader in the last ten years. He has his work cut out to make it the best of the conference, because the level has been set so high by the shadow cabinet. I'm more sure than ever that my decision to vote Conservative is the right one for me and for the country. We all know this government are wasting ridiculous amounts of our money and the Conservatives are promising to stop that waste and use for the good of us all.

I don't think the conference could have gone any better, the only down side was Gordon Brown's cynical use of our armed forces to play politics. For that I will never forgive him.

David will respond to Gordon Brown's speech saying:

"It wasn't just that we have heard it all before - literally heard it all before - simplistic short-term pledges rehashed and reannounced, with absolutely no indication of how they would be delivered. "It wasn't just the cynicism of announcing things that Gordon Brown himself must know he can't deliver. "It was the carefully calculated pitch to the 4% of voters in the middle who might switch this way or that."

I'm really looking forward to today's conference, it's been a new dawn for the Conservatives. We've had great speeches, great policies and a united party with a vision for a better Britain.

It's time for a change.

UPDATE: Well David has finished his speech and I got my wish. It was excellent. He stood in front of the nation without notes and delivered policy after policy with honesty. I'll post the full speech when it has been published.

UPDATE 2: You read David's speech in full by clicking HERE.

The conference was better than I could have hoped for.

No comments: